Contact The Fair Fae

If you have any questions, comments, feedback or you have a product you'd like me to review, email me at thefairfae@hotmail.co.uk

Saturday 26 May 2012

Eurovision 2012

This year's logo
Today here in Europe, it is Eurovision 2012! Hosted this year in Baku, Azerbaijan, the competition is on RIGHT NOW. The UK entry is, in my opinion, pretty awful. Engelbert Humperdinck? REALLY? Oh well. Anyway, for those who don't know, every year there is a contest held across Europe, where each country enters a musical act, and every country votes on the other acts and allocated points from 1 to 12 to their favourites, and the winning country hosts next year (Azerbaijan win last year). See here for full details about Eurovision.





Anyway I wanted to do a Eurovision themed Face of the Day, and instead of going down the patriotic route, I decided to take inspiration from the logo. I thought there would be enough patriotism to come in the UK this year with the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and the Olympics to come!!

So I took a rather literal translation of the logo really (picture up at the top)

It's all Sugarpill Burning Heart palette. Even my lips. I used a Nivea lip gloss and mixed with the shadows! It's all Buttercupcake, Flamepoint and Love + and that's it aside from Urban Decay Primer Potion, MAC Select Foundation and an LA Colors face powder.


I was most annoyed that my brows look brown/auburn. I packed them full of Flamepoint!


What do you think? Sorry the photos aren't that great but the sun had gone down- I couldn't get into my studio to do this until the sun was down as it gets really hot in there at the moment. Enjoy Eurovision and good luck to Engelbert and the United Kingdom! (Please don't let Jedward win.. please!)

No comments:

Post a Comment